The Hand-Tite® Advantage
Hand-Tite® plugs are the most versatile and cost effective expansion plug in the water and waste water industry. 4″, 5″, 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″, 15″ and 18″ Hand-Tite® Pipe Plugs are available to suit your needs.
- Reusable and easily installed
- Plastic (HDPE, Nylon 6), rubber (ASTM Spec. 361, Duro 40+5)
- No metal parts except for the 15″ and 18″, which uses stainless steel and brass components.
- Enhances the appearance of the pipe
- Seals bell and spigot end of most plastic
- Representative tests were in excess of A/C pipe 10 psi, Vitrified pipe 8 psi, PVC pipe 5 psi.
- Can be buried indefinitely
- All 4″, 5″, 6″ and 8″ Hand-Tite plugs are marked with metric equivalent
- Made in the U.S.A. and no metal parts to corrode.*
- Nearly 30 years of satisfactory service.
- Converts into a low pressure test or bypass plug, standard feature on 10 , 12 , 15 and 18″ diameter.
- Seals bell and spigot ends of all plastic, iron or clay pipe of 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 , 12, 15 and 18″ nominal diameter.
- Rugged nylon and rubber construction.
- No tools are required for installation.
|Pipe Plug||Expansion Range|
|4″||3¾ to 4¾|
|5″||4¾ to 5¾|
|6″||5¾ to 6¾|
|8″||7⅞ to 8⅞|
|10″||9¾ to 11|
|12″||11¾ to 13|
|15″||14¾ to 15¼|
|18″||17¾ to 18¼|
Though originally designed for air-pressure tests, the consumers have found other creative ways of using it ex: plugging basement drains to prevent flooding, plugging fish hauling tanks, aquaculture applications, etc.
No Hand-Tite® components are on the California prop 65 list.